From sparking and buzzing to cooking unevenly or not at all, microwave issues can be frustrating. Our technicians have the expertise to diagnose and repair a wide range of problems quickly and efficiently. If you live in Burnaby or any spot in Metro Vancouver and need microwave repair services, we at Comfort Appliance are ready to do it with a reasonable price.
Microwave Keeping Tips
- Keep it clean: Wipe down the inside of your microwave after each use and clean the exterior with a damp cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners.
- Use microwave-safe containers: Make sure any containers you use in the microwave are labeled as microwave-safe to prevent damage or injury.
- Avoid overheating: Don’t overcook or overheat food in the microwave as this can cause damage to the appliance and potentially start a fire.
- Don’t run it empty: Running your microwave without anything inside can damage the appliance, so always make sure there is something in the microwave when it’s turned on.
- Check for damage: Regularly inspect the door and hinges for any damage or wear and tear, as this can compromise the safety of the appliance.
Microwave's Common Problems
- Microwave not heating: If your microwave is not heating food properly, it could be due to a faulty magnetron or a broken diode. These parts are responsible for producing the microwaves that heat up your food and should only be handled by a professional.
- Turntable not rotating: The turntable in your microwave rotates your food to ensure even heating. If it’s not rotating, it could be due to a broken or worn-out motor, or a malfunctioning drive coupling. These issues require professional attention to fix.
- Buttons not responding: If the buttons on your microwave are not responding or are sticking, it could be due to a faulty control panel or a malfunctioning circuit board. A professional technician can diagnose and repair these issues.
- Sparks or flames inside the microwave: Sparks or flames inside the microwave could indicate a serious problem with the high voltage components, such as the capacitor or transformer. These issues should never be handled by an untrained person and should only be fixed by a professional technician.
- Strange noises: Unusual sounds coming from your microwave could be a sign of a motor or fan problem. These parts require expertise to replace, and it’s best to leave the repair work to a professional.
If you’re experiencing any of these issues with your microwave, it’s important to have them fixed by a professional technician to ensure the safety and proper functioning of your appliance.