We at Comfort Appliance Service & Installation offer comprehensive repair and maintenance services for hood fans in residential and commercial kitchens in Burnaby. Whether you need a new fan motor or a thorough cleaning, we have you covered. Our expert can repair any electrical appliances with any models. Call now to get our instant OFFs.
Tips For Keeping Hood Fans Better
- Clean the hood fan regularly: Use a non-abrasive cleaner to wipe down the hood fan and remove any grease or grime buildup. This will prevent the fan from becoming clogged and ensure it is functioning properly.
- Check the fan filter: The fan filter should be cleaned or replaced every few months to ensure proper ventilation. A clogged filter can cause the fan to work harder, which can lead to damage and reduced lifespan.
- Use the fan properly: Turn on the hood fan every time you cook to help ventilate smoke, steam, and odors. Make sure to use the appropriate fan speed for the amount of cooking you are doing.
- Schedule regular maintenance: Consider scheduling a professional maintenance service for your hood fan to ensure it is functioning optimally and catch any potential problems before they worsen.
Hood Fan's Common Problems
- Poor suction: If your hood fan is not extracting smoke, steam or odours efficiently, it may have a problem with the suction motor, filters or ductwork. A professional technician can clean and replace any clogged or damaged parts to improve the airflow and prevent potential fire hazards.
- Unusual noises: If you hear rattling, grinding or squealing noises coming from your hood fan, it may be due to loose parts, worn bearings or damaged blades. A professional technician can inspect and repair the fan motor or replace any faulty components to restore the quiet and efficient operation of your hood fan.
- Electrical issues: If your hood fan is not turning on, or the lights are not working, it may be due to a malfunctioning switch, wiring, or control board. Attempting to fix electrical issues on your own can be dangerous and should only be done by a licensed technician with the proper tools and expertise.
- Grease buildup: Over time, grease and debris can accumulate in your hood fan filters and ductwork, reducing their effectiveness and increasing the risk of fire. A professional technician can clean and degrease your hood fan thoroughly, ensuring that it functions properly and safely.
- Odour problems: If your hood fan emits a foul smell or odour, it may be due to a clogged or dirty filter, or a problem with the ventilation system. A professional technician can identify and eliminate the source of the odour and clean or replace any contaminated parts to ensure that your hood fan operates efficiently and odor-free.