If you bought a new refrigerator and don’t know how to maintain it to increase its life cycle, follow us at this article and remember refrigerator maintenance tips.
How to maintain a refrigerator?
- Clean the inside and outside regularly. Use a mild detergent and a damp cloth to clean the inside of the refrigerator, and be sure to wipe down the shelves, drawers, and door gaskets. You can also use a baking soda paste to clean tough stains. To clean the outside of the refrigerator, use a mild detergent and a soft cloth.
- Check the door seals regularly. The door seals should be tight so that cold air doesn’t escape. You can check the seals by inserting a dollar bill between the door and the frame. If the bill can be easily pulled out, the seals need to be replaced.
- Clean the condenser coils regularly. The condenser coils are located on the back or bottom of the refrigerator and help to remove heat from the appliance. If the coils are dirty, the refrigerator will have to work harder to stay cool, which can lead to higher energy bills. You can clean the coils with a vacuum cleaner or a brush.
- Set the temperature correctly. The ideal temperature for the refrigerator is 37 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit, and the ideal temperature for the freezer is 0 to 5 degrees Fahrenheit. If the temperatures are too high, your food will spoil more quickly.
- Keep the refrigerator full. A full refrigerator will help to keep the temperature consistent.
- Avoid overloading the refrigerator. Overloading the refrigerator can block the airflow, which can lead to food spoilage.
- Defrost the freezer regularly. If the ice buildup in the freezer is too thick, it can block the airflow and make the freezer work harder. You can defrost the freezer by turning it off and letting the ice melt, or you can use a defrost cycle if your refrigerator has one.
- Change the water filter regularly. The water filter in your refrigerator helps to remove impurities from the water, which can improve the taste of your water and prevent your ice from tasting bad.
- Have your refrigerator serviced regularly. If you notice any problems with your refrigerator, such as the motor running loudly or the temperature not staying consistent, have it serviced by a qualified technician.
If you your refrigerator mulfunctioned, We at Comfort Allpiance are ready to repair it for you as soon as possible. Our refrigerator repair service in Burnaby has warranty and you can get discount for the first order.
By following these tips, you can help to keep your refrigerator running smoothly and efficiently for many years to come.
Here are some additional tips to help you maintain your refrigerator efficiency:
- Place your refrigerator in a cool, well-ventilated area. Avoid placing it in direct sunlight or near a heat source.
- Keep the door closed as much as possible. Every time you open the door, warm air from the kitchen enters the refrigerator, which can cause the temperature to rise.
- Use the right settings. The temperature settings on your refrigerator should be set according to the climate you live in. For example, if you live in a warm climate, you may need to set the temperature lower.
- Defrost your freezer regularly. Ice buildup can block the airflow in your freezer, which can make it work harder and use more energy.
- Change your water filter regularly. A dirty water filter can reduce the efficiency of your refrigerator.
By following these tips, you can help to keep your refrigerator running efficiently and save money on your energy bills.